Spaghetti Hot Dish Recipe
My grandmother, mom and aunt inspired me to start cooking when I was a young girl. It's still a favorite pastime. This creamy, chow-mein-like casserole is sure to please.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/4 cups broken spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and celery in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add the milk, pimientos and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spaghetti.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 653 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti Hot Dish
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC