Spaghetti Ham Toss Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the red peppers, olives, salt, basil and pepper.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add the ham mixture and Parmesan cheese; toss. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 522 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1795mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Spaghetti Ham Toss
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.