Spaghetti Goulash Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in the chili sauce, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and spaghetti.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. baking dish or two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 cup: 240 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti Goulash
"I was requested to bring a spaghetti noodle dish to a scouting event. This dish is what I brought. It was the first dish to disappear, even over the restaurant dishes. My family also enjoys the goulash. Thanks so much for sharing this dish. Great for potlucks. I think the chili sauce makes it different."
"As I was making this the first time, I kept getting nostalgic whiffs from my childhood. When I tasted it, I knew why: it was just like the spaghetti my grandma used to make. I think it's the chili sauce that makes it so retro good!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.