Spaghetti Goulash Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in the chili sauce, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and spaghetti.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. baking dish or two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 240 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.