Spaghetti Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 medium tart apples, diced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Maraschino cherries, halved
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, eggs, lemon juice and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until temperature reaches 160° and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- 3. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Pour juice over the spaghetti; stir in apples. Toss gently; drain. Stir in the egg mixture and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Fold in whipped topping just before serving. Garnish with walnuts and cherries. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 cup: 203 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti Fruit Salad
"I first tried this recipe several years ago and it was a instant hit. My whole family loves it. Who knew you could make spaghetti into a great sweet salad?"
"The recipes doubles well. It's amazingly light."
"VERY GOOD! LOVE IT!"
"very good. have made several timesgoes over well at potlucks"
"This is a wonderful recipe! I always make it different though, without the spaghetti. I use additional fruit, instead. And I don't make it the night before. It turns out perfect every time."
"I have made this twice everyone loved it. The second time I added a can of oranges. Its easy to make and I like that it is made the night before."