Spaghetti Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 medium tart apples, diced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Maraschino cherries, halved
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, eggs, lemon juice and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until temperature reaches 160° and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- 3. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Pour juice over the spaghetti; stir in apples. Toss gently; drain. Stir in the egg mixture and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Fold in whipped topping just before serving. Garnish with walnuts and cherries. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 cup: 203 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Spaghetti Fruit Salad
"The recipes doubles well. It's amazingly light."
"VERY GOOD! LOVE IT!"
"very good. have made several timesgoes over well at potlucks"
"This is a wonderful recipe! I always make it different though, without the spaghetti. I use additional fruit, instead. And I don't make it the night before. It turns out perfect every time."
"I have made this twice everyone loved it. The second time I added a can of oranges. Its easy to make and I like that it is made the night before."