Spaghetti for 100
Spaghetti for 100 comes from Marilyn Monroe of Lansing, Michigan. "A club I belong to used this main dish for a fund-raising dinner," she reports. "One man came 50 miles because he'd had the dinner the year before and liked it so much. We sent him home with an extra container of sauce."
100 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 6 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 16 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cans (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 4 cans (18 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons each Italian seasoning, dried basil and oregano
- 13 pounds spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large stock pot, brown beef, onion and garlic; drain. Add tomato
- sauce and paste, salt, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve
- over spaghetti. Yield: 100 servings (about 50 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 147 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.