Spaghetti for 100 Recipe
- 6 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 16 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cans (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 4 cans (18 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons each Italian seasoning, dried basil and oregano
- 13 pounds spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large stock pot, brown beef, onion and garlic; drain. Add tomato sauce and paste, salt, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 100 servings (about 50 cups sauce).
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 147 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti for 100
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.