- 6 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 16 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cans (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 4 cans (18 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons each Italian seasoning, dried basil and oregano
- 13 pounds spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large stock pot, brown beef, onion and garlic; drain. Add tomato sauce and paste, salt, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 100 servings (about 50 cups sauce).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spaghetti for 100
Sort By :
"Next time I want add but half the salt. It was too salty."
"I just used this recipe to serve over 100 at my daughter's 16 bday party. The food was fantastic and many of the quests complimented the meal. Thank you so much, having your instructions made the shopping simple and kept us organized. The party was a smashing success!!"
"We made this recipe for a benefit dinner at our church and received rave reviews. It was easy to make and inexpensive to prepare. Have a couple of Italians in our group and they said it was very good so I highly recommend this recipe. We will be using this one again. Connie Kappel"
"I made this spaghetti for a fundraiser dinner but used half the salt and half the garlic. We received huge compliments from many of our patrons."
"Not only would I use this recipe for another spaghetti dinner fundraiser, but I think I will use it for my own family recipe as well. Very flavorful, fairly inexpensive, and extremely easy. Just make sure you have a REALLY big pot to cook all the noodles, and make sure you use plenty of water when you cook the noodles or they will taste starchy and feel gummy."