Spaghetti Fish Supper Recipe
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 pound orange roughy, haddock or red snapper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, parsley, salt, pepper and cumin. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; gradually pour into the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the fish, tomato and broccoli. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and toss with olives. Serve with fish mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 761 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,688 mg sodium, 112 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.