Spaghetti Crab Quiche Recipe
"This light flavorful quiche will get rave reviews when you serve it at your next brunch," assures Delores Broz from Lincoln, Nebraska. It's easy to prepare, yet the addition of crab makes it seem special.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 cups chopped imitation crabmeat (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1. Place spaghetti in a bowl; drizzle with butter. In another bowl, combine 2 eggs and Parmesan cheese. Pour over the spaghetti and toss to coat. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with crab, Swiss cheese and onion.
- 2. In a bowl, lightly beat remaining eggs. Whisk in the cream, salt, pepper and cayenne if desired. Slowly pour into crust. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 334 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 240 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC