This hearty Italian-style recipe proved very popular when I made it for about 90 people who attended our church's "Souper Sunday" one January. I fired up a couple of turkey deep fryers and simmered big batches of it outside! -Edward Reis Phoenix, Arizona
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 18 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (28 ounces each) Italian crushed tomatoes
- 3 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 packages (1 pound each) spaghetti, cut into fourths
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In several stockpots, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and 1 minute longer. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Just before serving the soup, stir in spaghetti. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 45-55 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Bean Soup in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p39
Reviews for Spaghetti Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review