Spaghetti Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter on both sides until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, garlic salt and remaining oregano, Cook over medium heat until heated through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 326 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1696mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Spaghetti Chicken Parmesan
"This was very good. I did make two adjustments though....I flattened the chicken so it was crispier and added some heat with red pepper flakes. :)"
"This went together so quickly, very moist, and just delicious!"
"This was good, but my family prefers the version I've been making for years."
"Loved the chicken seasoning. Really added to the taste."
"<p>Very easy to make with great results - I have made this one many times and it pleases even picky eaters. I should add that I usually add extra spaghetti sauce to fully coat all of the pasta.</p>"
"Very tastey!! I baked mine covered at 350 for about 25 min, instead of cooking in skillet; then spooned sauce on top, plus cheese and baked uncovered till cheese melted."
"This is hands down a favorite!! The chicken is amazing! I use seasoned salt and make my own sauce, but you will be asked for this recipe from everyone you serve it to. Thank you!"
"You can't cook this in 20min. but you can do the prep.in20min. Cook time depends on how thick the chicken in how hot your pan is ect...Manis7"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.