- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter on both sides until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, garlic salt and remaining oregano, Cook over medium heat until heated through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spaghetti Chicken Parmesan
Sort By :
This went together so quickly, very moist, and just delicious!
This was good, but my family prefers the version I've been making for years.
Loved the chicken seasoning. Really added to the taste.
Very easy to make with great results - I have made this one many times and it pleases even picky eaters. I should add that I usually add extra spaghetti sauce to fully coat all of the pasta.
Very tastey!! I baked mine covered at 350 for about 25 min, instead of cooking in skillet; then spooned sauce on top, plus cheese and baked uncovered till cheese melted.