"I like to make this yummy recipe when I have extra spaghetti sauce on hand," comments Margie Eddy from Ann Arbor, Michigan. "The herbed coating on the tender chicken gets nice and golden," she adds.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter on both sides until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, garlic salt and remaining oregano, Cook over medium heat until heated through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p48
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti Chicken Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review