Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Combine soup and sour cream. In two 8-in. square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 55-65 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Spaghetti Casserole(57)
Sort By :
This was so good! I can't wait to eat left overs!
My whole family loves this!
I hate making doubles of something I haven't tried but this smelled so good cooking I didn't think I'd have a problem. Several people at our social asked for the recipe. I didn't alter it too much I used 2 pounds of meat which I cooked with minced garlic and I ended up using a whole large block of the Jack cheese. Half a cup just didn't seem enough cheese on each layer. I'm sure glad there is another one in the freezer. :-)
I chose this recipe over all the other baked spaghetti casseroles I found and I'm glad I did. It doesn't call for a lot of ingredients, is pocket-friendly and easy. Since husband and I are vegetarians, I omitted the beef and used mushrooms and onions instead. I used all cheddar. It freezes well. Definitely a keeper.
I mad this Casserole and everyone loved it. I did make one change; I left out the soup and the sour cream. I substituted Ricotta Cheese for the soup and Cottage Cheese or the Sour Cream. It was still creamy as described and everyone absolutely loved all of the cheesy goodness. I also use a very rich tomato based sauce recipe to help cut the strong cheese flavors. It is jus fantastic. It's a combination of baked spaghetti and a stuffed manicotti dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >