Spaghetti Casserole Bake Recipe
This quick casserole from Pat Richter of Lake Placid, Florida makes great use of convenience products like canned spaghetti and jarred mushrooms, and the kids will love how cheesy it is.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti, mushrooms and olives.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC