Spaghetti Casserole Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti, mushrooms and olives.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
1 each: 342 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Spaghetti Casserole Bake
"I thought this had spaghetti pasta until I was halfway through. However, I went with it and made it as instructed, excluding olives. It was too liquid-y and not visually appealing. The taste was saved by the onions and garlic. I won't be making this again. It would be much better with pasta and not canned stuff."
"Delicious!! I only had 1 26 oz jar of sauce to use, and it worked out fine. I didn't have any mushrooms, which I was upset about, but it turned out fine. I can't wait to eat the frozen dish!"