Spaghetti Carbonara for Two Recipe
When the temperature drops in Shawnee, Kansas, Melanie Hudson warms up with a comforting Italian classic. “As a zippy side or light entree, you simply can’t beat it for simplicity,” she notes. Serve with a tossed green salad.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; discard drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter; stir in the cream, Parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and bacon. Drain spaghetti; add to cream mixture and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 394 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC