When the temperature drops in Shawnee, Kansas, Melanie Hudson warms up with a comforting Italian classic. “As a zippy side or light entree, you simply can’t beat it for simplicity,” she notes. Serve with a tossed green salad.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; discard drippings.
- In the same skillet, melt butter; stir in the cream, Parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and bacon. Drain spaghetti; add to cream mixture and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Carbonara in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p48
Reviews for Spaghetti Carbonara for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2009
"Followed the recipe and added shrimp and increased the sauce. It was a keeper"