When the temperature drops in Shawnee, Kansas, Melanie Hudson warms up with a comforting Italian classic. “As a zippy side or light entree, you simply can’t beat it for simplicity,” she notes. Serve with a tossed green salad.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; discard drippings.
- In the same skillet, melt butter; stir in the cream, Parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and bacon. Drain spaghetti; add to cream mixture and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Carbonara in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p48
Reviews for Spaghetti Carbonara for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2009
"Followed the recipe and added shrimp and increased the sauce. It was a keeper"