You're sure to love the heavenly aroma and pleasant herb flavor of this tender bread from Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine. "It's great with spaghetti and meatballs or most any Italian pasta dish," she suggests.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, savory and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions.
- (Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; this dough should appear
- dry. If it looks wet, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour.) Yield: 1
- loaf, 16 slices(1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 122 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.