Spaghetti Bread Recipe
You're sure to love the heavenly aroma and pleasant herb flavor of this tender bread from Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine. "It's great with spaghetti and meatballs or most any Italian pasta dish," she suggests.
- 1 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, savory and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions. (Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; this dough should appear dry. If it looks wet, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour.) Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices(1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Spaghetti Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p33
Reviews for Spaghetti Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2011
I have made this numerous times now and it's now a favorite. So good and flavorful!