Spaghetti Beef Casserole Recipe
We love spaghetti, and as the mother of three boys, this casserole has been a life saver! Fast and delicious, it was a favorite at pre-game meals and sports banquets. —Jane Radtke, Griffith, Indiana
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in two large skillets, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the soups, water and mushrooms.
- 2. Drain spaghetti. Add spaghetti and 1 cup cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
1 piece equals 434 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti Beef Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC