- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in two large skillets, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the soups, water and mushrooms.
- Drain spaghetti. Add spaghetti and 1 cup cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Reviews for Spaghetti Beef Casserole
Sort By :
"I enjoyed this recipe,you have everything you need for this one in your pantry. I gave the second one away and they enjoyed it to. Thank You for the recipe. LeeAnn Treacher"
"Too much canned soup for someone who is on a low sodium diet and didn't sound too Italian."
"Good family dinner"
"This makes a nice, comfort food dinner for a weeknight or Saturday. Since it uses condensed soups instead of spaghetti sauce, it is easier on the stomach for those of use who have heartburn as well as producing a different flavor for a nice change. I asked my 2 boys if they thought spaghetti sauce would be better, but they said no, it is fine as it is."
"Whoa! Sorry to be so harsh, but this was disgusting. I would not want to mislead anyone that this could possibly be worth the groceries, time and mess.. I will unthaw the second casserole and toss it. So bland, mushy, eeeh. My kids pushed it around with their forks and I was upset with them until I took 2 bites. All plates dumped in sink and we ordered pizza. Have I made my 1 star rating clear?"