Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
"This is a swift and yummy recipe that I received from a dear friend," Roni Goodell says about her fast-to-fix brunch dish. "My family asks for it often," adds the Spanish Fork, Utah cook.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper
- towels. Add butter to drippings; heat until melted.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with eggs and cheese. Add to skillet; cook and
- stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 515 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.