Spaghetti 'n' Meat Sauce
This recipe has been a mainstay in our family. I began making it 48 years ago. It is easily doubled or tripled, and the results are always delicious.
-Carolyn Ozment, Gaylesville, Alabama
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomato, Worcestershire
- sauce, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve
- over spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,221 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.