This recipe has been a mainstay in our family. I began making it 48 years ago. It is easily doubled or tripled, and the results are always delicious. -Carolyn Ozment, Gaylesville, Alabama
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti 'n' Meat Sauce in Reminisce September/October 2001, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti 'n' Meat Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2011
"My wife & I tried this last night after running late. What a delightful little sauce, very quick & easy! Bravo!!We did add a squirt of hot pepper sauce."