- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian Sausage
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Parmesan rind, optional
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix bread crumbs and milk. Let stand 5 minutes; drain. Stir in eggs, cheese and spices. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer meatballs to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add stock, marinara sauce, water, basil and, if desired, Parmesan rind. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Discard Parmesan rind. Stir in pasta; cook, covered, on high 15-20 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. If desired, serve with additional cheese. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Spaghetti & Meatball Soup
"Easy and the entire family loves this. Makes a perfect meal with some crusty bread and a green salad. I use frozen meatballs when I'm in a hurry."
"This was pretty good--made the mistake of adding a little extra spaghetti (it never looks like enough!). Next time, I will not add the pasta to the soup but will cook separately and add to individual servings."
"This was a hit with the kids. I used frozen Italian turkey meatballs, just threw them in with the broth. The broth is very tasty. We used a lot of grated Parmesan cheese to top. This does make a very large portion, so if you want it to last days, or freeze, I would boil the noodles aside and add to each individual bowl."
"Excellent! Best meatballs ever! I forgot to add the water and it turned out like regular spaghetti sauce (not soup). It was so good, I think I'll do it the same from now on."
"This recipe is outstanding. Love the meatballs and the broth was excellent."
"This was simple and delicious. The soft bread crumbs made the meatballs super tender."
"This is the perfect soup. Rich, delicious broth and yummy meatballs. The meatballs were flavorful and fluffy. I enjoyed the meatballs so much I made a double batch of them, cooked all of them-then froze half of them for a later meal. This recipe is a keeper!"
"Very delicious. My new favorite recipe for meatballs. Subbed a lb. of ground chicken for one of the pkgs. of sausage. Amazing. These meatballs are delicious cold as well."