A couple nights a week our family ends up eating in shifts because everyone is going every which way, all at the same time. Having a hearty soup simmering in the slow cooker is an easy way to give them all a warm meal.—Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian Sausage
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Parmesan rind, optional
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix bread crumbs and milk. Let stand 5 minutes; drain. Stir in eggs, cheese and spices. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer meatballs to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add stock, marinara sauce, water, basil and, if desired, Parmesan rind. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Discard Parmesan rind. Stir in pasta; cook, covered, on high 15-20 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. If desired, serve with additional cheese. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Spaghetti & Meatball Soup in Taste of Home September/October 2014
Reviews for Spaghetti & Meatball Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review