These tender homemade noodles take only minutes to make and are a natural accompaniment to chicken. You can enjoy them with chicken gravy or simply buttered and sprinkled with parsley. —Pamela Eaton, Monclova, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, eggs, milk and salt until smooth
- (dough will be sticky). In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Pour dough into a colander or spaetzle maker coated with cooking
- spray; place over boiling water.
- With a wooden spoon, press dough until small pieces drop into boiling
- water. Cook for 2 minutes or until dumplings are tender and float.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; toss with butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 226 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.