Soy Shrimp with Rice Noodles
Rice noodles come in a variety of thicknesses, similar to Italian pastas like fettuccine, linguine and vermicelli. Use whichever shape you prefer in this so-easy Asian inspired dish. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, adding the edamame
- during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 2 tablespoons oil for 2
- minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn
- Drain noodle mixture; add to skillet. Stir in the soy sauce, pepper
- and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 444 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon