Soy Good Snack Mix Recipe
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 1/2 cup dry roasted soybeans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals and soybeans. Combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic powder; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix well.
- 2. Transfer to two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 10-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.