Soy Good Snack Mix
A tasty takeoff on popular party munchies, this medley stirred up by our Test Kitchen blends nutritious roasted soybeans with crunchy cereal. Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic powder combine for the zesty coating. You'll want to make extra batches of this mix, since handfuls disappear fast!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 1/2 cup dry roasted soybeans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and soybeans. Combine the
- butter, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic powder; drizzle
- over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 10-in. baking pans. Bake
- at 250° for 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in
- airtight containers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.