These yummy broiled scallops are also a great source of vitamin B12 and heart-healthy minerals such as magnesium, helpful in keeping your heartbeat steady.
—APRIL KORANDO, AVA, ILLINOIS
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the scallops; seal
- bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread scallops onto four metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each
- side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally
- with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 scallops equals 250 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat,