Soy-Ginger Grilled Swordfish Recipe
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds swordfish steak
- 1. In small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, parsley, lemon juice, ketchup, ginger, oregano and pepper. Set aside 2 tablespoons mixture for basting.
- 2. Stir oil and garlic into remaining mixture. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill fish, covered, over high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque, basting occasionally with reserved orange juice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked fish equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.