“Being a full-time mother as well as helping my husband on our ranch, I’m always looking for simple meals for the slow cooker. My family really likes this hearty main dish.” Colleen Faber — Buffalo, Montana
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
Freeze option: Cool chicken in sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Soy-Garlic Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p54
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Soy-Garlic Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review