Soy-Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Soy-Garlic Chicken(6)
Sort By :
I make this recipe quite often. I use boneless chicken thighs instead of legs and it only takes a couple of hours to cook. Really yummy.
I have made this recipe several times, and my family loves it! The chicken is so tender and quite flavorful. I typically use boneless, skinless thighs when I make it.
I used Bragg's Amino Acid instead of soy sauce, it is not nearly as high in sodium and is certified non GMO.
We thought this was just TERRIBLE. No flavor whatsoever. I took the sauce, added corn starch, tomato paste, fresh winter savory and thyme, and garlic powder, and cooked it down to a gravy, which my husband said saved the recipe. Will NOT make again. Yuck.
Tasty sauce but it was a bit on the salty side - not surprising with so much soy sauce... I simmered chicken tenders in the sauce for a while rather than cooking the dish in the crock pot. The kids loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Garlic Chicken >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >