Sow-per Glazed Ham
The flavorful glaze gets its pleasant tang from fruit juice and mustard. This recipe is one I frequently fix for holidays.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 fully cooked bone-in half ham (8 to 9 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or fruit juice of your choice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making 1/2-in.-deep diamond shapes; insert a clove in each
- diamond. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours.
- For glaze, combine the brown sugar, juice and mustard; spoon some
- over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads
- 140°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 423 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,545 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.