The flavorful glaze gets its pleasant tang from fruit juice and mustard. This recipe is one I frequently fix for holidays.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in half ham (8 to 9 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or fruit juice of your choice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making 1/2-in.-deep diamond shapes; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours.
- For glaze, combine the brown sugar, juice and mustard; spoon some over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Sow-per Glazed Ham in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 15
Reviews for Sow-per Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review