Southwestern Watermelon Salad Recipe
Cilantro, jicama and lime give this refreshing fruit salad created by our Taste of Home Test Kitchen a Southwestern kick.
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups cubed peeled mangoes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled jicama
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, mangoes, jicama, onion and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, vinegar, lime peel, salt and cayenne. Pour over fruit mixture; gently toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and chill for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 81 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Watermelon Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC