Cilantro, jicama and lime give this refreshing fruit salad created by our Taste of Home Test Kitchen a Southwestern kick.
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups cubed peeled mangoes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled jicama
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, mangoes, jicama, onion and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, vinegar, lime peel, salt and cayenne. Pour over fruit mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Watermelon Salad in Backyard Living July/August 2006, p26
Reviews for Southwestern Watermelon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review