Southwestern Wagon Wheels
I used to have the luxury of time, which allowed me to cook from scratch. But after a husband and child, I'm sure glad I saved my "convenience" recipes, like this this super-easy pasta dinner. —Ramona Rasas-Satinskas, Hockessin, Delaware
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soup, salsa, mushrooms and oregano. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream;
- heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with sauce mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 1 cup pasta and 1 tablespoon cheese equals 542 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,099 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.