Southwestern Wagon Wheels Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, mushrooms and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- 2. Drain pasta; serve with sauce mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 542 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Wagon Wheels
"Perfect for my son who doesn't like anything too spicy."
"<p>I made this recipe for my friends last night for dinner and it was a hit! I'd definitely make it again. It's also good for leftovers. I had some today for lunch. The only thing I changed was that I used fresh crimini mushrooms instead of mushrooms from a jar like it calls for in the recipe</p>"