I used to have the luxury of time, which allowed me to cook from scratch. But after a husband and child, I'm sure glad I saved my "convenience" recipes, like this this super-easy pasta dinner. —Ramona Rasas-Satinskas, Hockessin, Delaware
- 4 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, mushrooms and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with sauce mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Wagon Wheels in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p53
Reviews for Southwestern Wagon Wheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review