Southwestern Veggie Wraps Recipe
From Seaside, Oregon, Rebekah White shares, "I developed this recipe to use up an excess of garden-grown zucchini, peppers and corn. It is fast and easy to assemble, with loads of flavor and color."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, zucchini, 2/3 cup water, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa and sour cream. Roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wrap equals 371 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC