- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, zucchini, 2/3 cup water, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa and sour cream. Roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Veggie Wraps in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p49
Reviews for Southwestern Veggie Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"Not Terrible, but not really great either."