- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, zucchini, 2/3 cup water, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa and sour cream. Roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Veggie Wraps in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p49
Reviews for Southwestern Veggie Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"Not Terrible, but not really great either."