Southwestern Veggie Salad
This speedy salad can be stirred up in no time. "I enjoy making it because it takes so little effort," offers Rita Addicks from Weimar, Texas. "The bright veggies look pretty on a buffet table."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, zucchini, avocado and radishes. On
- a serving plate, arrange lettuce if desired and tomatoes. In a small
- bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over corn mixture; gently
- toss to coat. Spoon over tomatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.