This speedy salad can be stirred up in no time. "I enjoy making it because it takes so little effort," offers Rita Addicks from Weimar, Texas. "The bright veggies look pretty on a buffet table."
Featured In: Top 10 Lunch Recipes Under 300 Calories
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, zucchini, avocado and radishes. On a serving plate, arrange lettuce if desired and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over corn mixture; gently toss to coat. Spoon over tomatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Veggie Salad in Country Woman July/August 2002, p41
Reviews for Southwestern Veggie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review