Short on time? Here's a spicy, satisfying supper that comes together in moments. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen Southwestern corn, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Vegetables & Rice in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p31
Reviews for Southwestern Vegetables & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"I made this dish and substituted 1lb browned and drained ground beef for the vegetarian meat crumbles - very good. I would definitely make this again."