Short on time? Here's a spicy, satisfying supper that comes together in moments. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen Southwestern corn, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Vegetables & Rice in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p31
Reviews for Southwestern Vegetables & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"I made this dish and substituted 1lb browned and drained ground beef for the vegetarian meat crumbles - very good. I would definitely make this again."