In addition to being a teacher, I'm a graduate student and mother of three. So this quick and easy soup is perfect for my busy schedule. A real plus is that my family loves it!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Yield: 12-14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Southwestern Vegetable Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p106
Reviews for Southwestern Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review