Southwestern Turkey Casserole
Substantial and comforting, this tasty dish from Mary Jo Ficklin of Mesa, Arizona is a great way to use up leftover turkey. The green chilies and tortillas give this casserole its Southwestern flair.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook over
- medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring
- Pour half of the turkey mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining
- turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup, reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheese) equals 400 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as