- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Pour half of the turkey mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Turkey Casserole
"I made the recipe exactly as-is. It was convenient because it used up a bunch of leftovers I had on hand. I found it to be very bland however, and wouldn't make it again without changing it up."
"I made this with left over cornish hens and my kids gobbled it up! Didn't realize it was 2 servings so will double from now on. I didn't have green chilies but plenty of salsa on hand so I put it in and it was awesome. I will try with chicken or even tuna."
"This is the best recipe even with leftovers. I would highly recommed with tostito's as a side dip. Delicious !!"
"We just love this recipe. Hubby actually requests it. I admit I have changed it up a little. I use leftover chicken instead of turkey, I have used leftover homesalsa instead of the green chilies and onion (the best so far), I have also used a can of drained Rotel tomatoes instead of the green chilies and onion. Tonight it is leftover chicken and a jar of drained salsa. Can't wait.J Ferguson from Texas"