Substantial and comforting, this tasty dish from Mary Jo Ficklin of Mesa, Arizona is a great way to use up leftover turkey. The green chilies and tortillas give this casserole its Southwestern flair.
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Pour half of the turkey mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Turkey Casserole in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p55
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Southwestern Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review