Southwestern Turkey Bake
“I make this as a way to get my nieces and husband to eat their vegetables.” This creamy entree will fill you up fast. —Crystal Kolady, Henrietta, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onions and jalapenos
- in butter until tender. Stir in turkey, soup, sour cream and
- spinach. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the turkey
- mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes
- before serving. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 500 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.