- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onions and jalapenos in butter until tender. Stir in turkey, soup, sour cream and spinach. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the turkey mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Turkey Bake
"For some reason mine ended up pretty soupy... It tasted fine, just an off texture. I don't know why though! If anyone has any ideas or had a similar experience...let me know what makes it work better!"
"Made this today for the second time. I used broccoli instead of spinach. I freeze my own broccoli so had it on hand. I made this in two casserole today and gave one to a friend. She really liked it and wanted the recipe!!!! A keeper for my family."
"great. i added a can of pinto beans (rinsed). a little too much onion but otherwise great."