Southwestern Turkey Bake Recipe
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions and jalapenos in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, soup, sour cream and spinach. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the turkey mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Southwestern Turkey Bake(4)
Sort By :
For some reason mine ended up pretty soupy... It tasted fine, just an off texture. I don't know why though! If anyone has any ideas or had a similar experience...let me know what makes it work better!
I used chicken instead of turkey, my kids loved it!!! I will make this again.
Made this today for the second time. I used broccoli instead of spinach. I freeze my own broccoli so had it on hand. I made this in two casserole today and gave one to a friend. She really liked it and wanted the recipe!!!! A keeper for my family.
great. i added a can of pinto beans (rinsed). a little too much onion but otherwise great.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >