“I make this as a way to get my nieces and husband to eat their vegetables.” This creamy entree will fill you up fast. —Crystal Kolady, Henrietta, New York
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onions and jalapenos in butter until tender. Stir in turkey, soup, sour cream and spinach. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the turkey mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Turkey Casserole in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p57
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Southwestern Turkey Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review