Southwestern Three-Meat Chili Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 7-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook the beef, pork and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the onions, celery, green pepper and garlic; cook for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1-1/2 hours. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 18-20 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 289 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.