- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook the beef, pork and sausage over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the onions, celery,
- green pepper and garlic; cook for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered for 1-1/2 hours. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 18-20
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 289 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.