Southwestern Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
This luscious turkey breast is a sure hit with family and friends around the holidays. The moist stuffing gives it a hint of Southwestern flair. –Bernice Janowski of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds)
- 1. Place tomatoes in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons liquid; set aside. Meanwhile, combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the tomatoes, onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in corn and 2 teaspoons seasonings; remove from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs and reserved tomato liquid. Add lime peel to remaining seasonings; set side.
- 3. Cover turkey with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness; remove plastic. Sprinkle turkey with half of lime-seasoning mixture; spread vegetable mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string. Sprinkle with remaining lime-seasoning mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; cover loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 200 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Southwestern Stuffed Turkey Breast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC