- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- Hot cooked rice or flour tortillas, warmed, optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, optional
- Slice tenderloin into 3-in. x 1-1/2-in. x 1/8-in. strips; set aside. In a bowl, combine broth, cornstarch, garlic, cumin and seasoned salt. Add pork; toss to coat. In a large skillet, stir-fry pork in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Add tomatoes, onion and green pepper; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender. Serve over rice, or spoon into tortillas and top with cheese and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Stir-Fry in Country Pork 1996, p52
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Southwestern Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review