Southwestern Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion; cook and stir until tender.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.